When a dentist suggests a dental implant as replacement therapy for your lost tooth then you start wondering what it is and how beneficial it could be. If this is going on in your mind, then in this article you will get the answer to both questions.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are metal frames fuse into the jawbone beneath the gum. An artificial tooth is fixed into this frame. It is advertised as a permanent replacement solution for missing teeth. Once all set, dental implants will work like your natural tooth. It does not only look like your real teeth but also function like it.
There are two common kinds of dental implants offered by expert dentists in a dental clinic in Dubai.
- Endosteal Implants: This dental surgery completes in three steps. In the first step, an implant is surgically placed directly into the jawbone. The second surgery begins after the complete healing of surrounding gum tissue. It is done to connect a post to the original implant. In the last step, an artificial tooth or teeth is set into its place.
- Subperiosteal Implants: In this type, a metal frame is positioned into the jawbone beneath the gum tissue. After the healing process ends, the frame gets fixed into the jawbone. Frames have connecting posts which protrude through gums. Artificial teeth are mounted onto posts.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Here are 9 benefits which make up your mind to give preference to dental implant over dentures.
- Restore Beautiful Smile: A missing tooth makes your smile incomplete and unattractive. You can get back your lost beautiful smile with natural-looking dental implants. They allow you to smile with utmost confidence and joy.
- No more bone loss: A missing tooth leaves empty space. When you don’t fill it for a long time then the risk of bone loss is obvious. You can prevent this risk easily through a permanent dental implant which helps bone to grow continuously and work well.
- Comfortable: A dental implant doesn’t slip away while you speak or chew. It brings ultimate comfort into your life. You don’t have to worry that it would move during normal teeth functioning processes.
- Fully Functional: A dental implant is as functional as your natural tooth is. You can chew, bite and drink with peace of mind.
- Easy to Maintain: You can take care of a dental implant just like your natural teeth. You can brush and floss it from time to time just to maintain oral hygiene.
- Long-Lasting: More and more dentists in Dubai are suggesting Dental implants to their customers because they last longer than other teeth restoration procedures. So, investment in this procedure will pay you to return for more than 10 to 15 years.
- No damage to Natural Structure: Your mouth and jaw structure get disturbed due to missing teeth. But you can preserve it with a dental implant. No preparation of adjacent teeth is required in case of a dental implant. Thereby, you get a replacement tooth without compromising any natural tooth or teeth.
- No more Teeth Drifting: A missing tooth is a major cause of crooked teeth. Even your whole tooth shape gets affected due to it. So, you can avoid teeth drifting or teeth misalignment through a dental implant procedure.
- Durable: Dental implants are made of strong material. Therefore, they are not subject to decay for a long period. However, dentures are not very durable and their life is shorter than an implant.
The only problem with dental implants is that they are very costly than other tooth restoration methods. However, when you compare their benefits with other methods then you realize that this procedure is cost-effective in the long-run.